One of a Kind Opportunity for Math Teachers
Be a catalyst for high-performing high school math students; earn more money in your field of expertise
- Only higher-education institution in central Ohio to offer this program
- Immersive experience focused on mastering mathematical theories and pedagogical content knowledge
- Graduates teach college-level math to high school students or take on additional teaching opportunities at community colleges
- Program designed with working teachers in mind
Are you looking to flex your mathematical prowess in the classroom? Do you want to use your love of math to shape the next generation of problem-solvers? Then a Master of Arts in Educational Mathematics from Otterbein University is the right choice to achieve these goals. Otterbein University is the only institution in Ohio to offer this unique degree in mathematics. You’ll find yourself immersed in sophisticated mathematical theories while also learning innovative teaching practices to make mathematics come alive.
Many of our graduates are seeking opportunities to teach college-level math courses to high school students. And many also use their degree to supplement their income by teaching at the community college level. Whatever your reason is for achieving an MAEM, trust that a degree from Otterbein will propel your career to new heights and new experiences.
Make sure to ask your school district about financial subsidies as many Central Ohio schools are prepared to help you achieve your degree.
Your Experience at Otterbein
You’ll be interacting with faculty that possess exceptional mathematical minds and innovative teaching styles. About 80% of your curriculum will focus on advanced math content , while the other 20% of your classes emphasize best practices for teaching mathematics. By integrating cutting edge technologies in areas like calculus and 2D/3D engineering, you’ll be quickly on your way to applying what you learn in your current teaching position.
Our MAEM program is specifically designed for working teachers as our curriculum is concentrated and rigorous. Classes are offered in the evenings during the school year with summer classes available when your school is out of session.