Tuition and Financial Aid
2017-18 Academic Year Tuition and Fees
Tuition for graduate education programs is $559 per hour and most courses are 3 or 4 semester hours. Some graduate students take undergraduate classes to meet licensure requirements. The cost of 2017-2018 undergraduate courses is $564 an hour, with most classes being 2 to 4 semester hours. There is a student life fee of $100. Some education courses with field experiences have additional fees. Please consult the Business Office site for a complete list of fees.
There is an additional fee for each Capstone hour. Please consult the Business Office site for a complete list of fees. Tuition waivers may not be used to cover the additional Capstone fee.
Earning your graduate degree is not as daunting as you think. With our financial aid options we can help remove any cost challenges you may have. Otterbein is prepared to help you answer the question; how are you going to pay for your education? Graduate students are eligible for consideration for a variety of loans.
Applying for Financial Aid at Otterbein
1. Obtain your PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Complete the FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid. (Otterbein's School Code is 003110).
3. Complete the Institutional Aid Form.
There is NO COST to apply for financial aid or to complete the FAFSA.
Questions? Email Student Financial Services or call 614.823.1502.
Teachers in schools with student teaching and field experience agreements with Otterbein University may qualify for tuition waiver certificates. Otterbein University provides these waivers to districts or independent schools in return for their provision of field placements for Otterbein students. However, Otterbein University has no control over the distribution of the waivers to teachers, which is determined by each district/school. The following provisions and conditions apply:
- Tuition waiver certificates may be assigned by the proper school officials to school employees admitted to graduate study at Otterbein University. Admission to graduate study is solely at the option of the University. There is no obligation on the part of the institution to admit students because of this agreement who would not otherwise meet graduate study admission requirements.
- Students may use multiple fee waivers within a semester, however, the number of fee waiver credits may not exceed the number of course credits taken.
- Teachers paying tuition with tuition waiver certificates from their schools must submit a valid waiver certificate at the time of registration or make other arrangements with the Business office. Otterbein University has the right to refuse acceptance of an “expired” fee waiver.
- Tuition waivers do not cover the costs of special fees for testing, Capstone hours, or computer labs.
We realize that meeting the expense of a college education is one of the larger investments made by most families. For this reason, we have developed two methods of payment for comprehensive fee charges. See the Business Office site for information about payment plans.